Honey Bun Cake

Thursday, October 20, 2011

| | |





I think it is breakfast themed this week… ok not that this is a wholesome breakfast.. But this is a truckers breakfast!!

I remember getting honey buns as a child and they tasted soo good! Papa would get the honey buns share with me and what a treat they were. When I came across some at a quick stop I tore into that bag thinking it would taste like before.. at least a hour later I was still trying to get the waxy glaze off the roof of my mouth and trying to forget that horrible dry waste of calories I took a bite of.  


So here is my rendition of honey buns. I was gonna say something sappy about how much I wished I could have made these for Papa but I will refrain from doing so.



Cake mix, filling and topping ingredients



In mixing bowl add your cake mix, eggs and sour cream… mine was frozen so I used water this time..
Mix at least 5 minutes scrape down sides and mix for another minute



Prepare baking pan and pour in half of the batter



Sprinkle cinnamon brown sugar mixture over batter



Lightly pour the rest over sugar



Spread over to sides evenly


While cake is baking prepare topping
In bowl add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla




Mix well and pour over hot cake
Let cool for 40 minutes and enjoy!


Honey Bun Cake

1 bag of dry cake mix

4 eggs

1 cup sour cream
Filling:
1 cup of packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Topping:
2 cups of powdered sugar
6 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix sour cream and eggs with cake mix for 4 minutes. Scrape down sides and mix for 2 minutes more.
Pour half of batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan , sprinkle evenly brown sugar mixture, lightly pour over the rest of the cake batter spreading with spatula .
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until done in the middle.
Pour over the topping while cake is hot and let sit to cool for 45 minutes.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

That looks so good,next time you come over bring that.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

free counters