Cherry Cheesecake Cookies

Sunday, October 16, 2011

| | |







A little time consuming if your like me and forget to get graham crackers until you pull out everything to make these, but I like my own recipe better.. it is hard to beat Home made graham crackers




Fattening ingredients


In bowl add your flour, salt and baking powder.. I like to make little dimples in my flour so incase a kid interrupts me in the middle of my adding I can come back from putting a toe back on and know that I have one dimple empty so the salt must be added..



Sugar flowing over cream cheese and butter



Eggs and vanilla added to the creamed calories



I have a confession… I love batter… cake batter.. cookie batter.. I like it more than the baked good it’s self.. as a kid my favorite thing in the whole world to eat was the spoon that beat something fattening together..  this just looks face plantable….  ( I know not a word)



Flour mixture



All done ready for the fridge



Roll to about yay big… I think mine were a tad over 1 ½ inches



Roll in crumbs



I need to do a post on my favorite things… these tablespoons are the best..




Pressing slightly, make a dimple in your cookie.. after the first dimple I would dip the back of the spoon into the crumbs other wise it ends up getting sticky and grabbing everything in sight



Place three or four cherries in.. depending on their size



Spend the next 25 minutes rollingdippingsmooshingfilling the rest of the cookies




Bake and let cool and enjoy!!


Cherry cheesecake cookies:


3 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2  8oz cream cheese softened
20 tablespoons butter (2 ½ sticks butter)
1 ½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 20 oz cans cherry pie filling drained



Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. On medium high speed, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduced speed to low and add flour mixture and mix till just combined. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350
Roll dough unto 1 ½ inch balls, and then roll in crumbs. Place balls 2 inches apart on well greased baking pans. Using a tablespoon measure, make a indentation in center of each ball. Place 3 cherries in each dimple. Bake until golden around edges, 12 to 14 minutes, switching and rotating sheet halfway through baking.  Cool 5 minutes on sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight container for 2 days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

free counters