Berries and Cream Pie

Thursday, June 21, 2012

| | |








I am picky….


SURPRISE!!! I bet you didn’t see that one coming…


No really, I am picky…  and I am pretty sure you have gathered that by now… and the one of the many things I don’t care for is peach pie… and sometimes apple pie if it looks like cat hair was baked in….


So when I came across this recipe for a peaches and cream pie I paused…. It was a peach theme at Sunday dinner, and I figured this would be a good change up.


It was good… but had peaches in it… and something about baked peaches set my teeth on edge and I might as well chew on a chalk board.


But I loved the idea of this pie… and didn’t see any reason why I couldn’t use berries instead.


So that is what I did today…



Unbaked pie shell and 3 cups of berries…





Have the youngest larva spread the berries out



In small bowl add flour, sugar and salt



Mix well



Add sour cream and eggs





Mix well and pour over  berries.
Sorry…. I was imagining myself bathing in this



Cream mixture all over berries…



Crumb topping…
Bake for 60 minutes  @ 350



Mmmmmm warm pie smells so good…



See the layer of “cream” and the berries?


This pie actually tastes as good as it smells…


Recipe:
3 cups fresh or frozen berries or peaches
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
 2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Place 3 cups fresh peaches into pie pastry.

In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and salt.

Add eggs and sour cream.

Blend well.

Spoon mixture over berries.

In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.

A pastry blender works well, but two forks or two knives will also work.

Sprinkle meal mixture evenly over pie.

Bake 60 minutes or until golden.

Refrigerate leftovers.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

free counters