Horrible Brownies

Sunday, September 4, 2011

| | |


Not what your thinking…. Like I would share a recipe that doesn’t work HA!!
Ok for those who have NO sense of humor that was sarcasm..
These brownies are for days when everything falls apart, the car blows up… make these brownies.. your mother in law is coming… making these brownies.. the electric bill came… make these brownies..  the mere sound of you breathing sends you into a rage…  make these brownies..

They wont take the bill and make it disappear..  the car wont get fixed if you make these.. your mother in law is still going to criticize you for not doing a good enough job for her perfect son.. but I found it makes it all so much easier to be face planted in a plate of these when life comes at you…
Life lately for me has been coming with a blow torch and a bat,
Brownies were made.
*Note*
The original recipe is pretty tiny so I always triple it. It only calls for 1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk ( the smaller personal recipe)   and there is one full cup in a can.. who keeps a half used can  of sweetened condensed milk around?? Ok let me rephrase that… who with kids can keep a open can of anything with sugary liquid inside?
Also if you like light cake like brownies then these will disappoint you..  these are thick… dense ( like me sometimes) and almost fudge like..  to achieve this gooey morsel of belly roll indulgent we don’t want to cook at high heat.. a low heat will allow our brownies to bake but not rise..  this recipe also requires very little stirring since we want the glutens in the flour to stay still.

Ingredients

In pot over low heat add your butter and chocolate in different forms

Closer to adding that third tire to my middle

Melted nicely

Add your sugar, milk and eggs, lightly mix

Add your flour… again lightly mix… put in fridge while you prepare your baking pan

Pour into pan and bake

Mmmmmmmm this was done right at 55 mins.. perfectly gooey..



Recipe:
 18 tablespoons of butter.. ( or one cup and two tablespoons)
1 cup of cocoa
3 cups of chocolate chips
1 ½ cup of sugar
1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1 cup flour

Directions:
Melt butter, chocolate chips and cocoa powder in large pot over low heat until creamy and smooth. Add sugar, eggs and milk mixing gently. Add flour and only mix till flour is combined. Set in fridge for about 5 mins   grease and flour 13x 9 in pan, bake at 300 for about 50 -55 mins.
Cool and enjoy!


One person recipe:
6 tablespoons of butter              
1/3 cup of cocoa
1 cup of chocolate chips
2/3 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup of flour

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I could even make these, They are yummy! I ate one that you left on a saucer, I expected it to be dry and raspy to the taste. It was moist, tender and played with my mouth a bit. I needed a bit of milk with it but felt I should not bother you on your horrible don't,feel good very bad day.

Signed,
"Her perfect son"

Caity said...

These sound wonderful! I may have to try your recipe. I tend to always overbake my brownies, though. :(

Anonymous said...

Don't look at these pictures in a public place. I just drooled all over the library table.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

free counters